DSA Needs Assessments
Following a needs assessment, in addition to the normal data processing carried out by Surrey Assessment Centre (“the centre”), the transfer of a copy of the needs assessment report, or other relevant information contained within a student record, to the Disabled
The information that the centre may be requested to transfer to the auditor is a copy of the completed needs assessment report or other relevant information contained within the student record. This may include the following information:
- identity and age
- living arrangements
- any other bursaries or financial support you are entitled to
- ownership of a laptop or desktop computer
- higher education institution and course information
The Centre may also be requested to transfer information which could be classified as sensitive personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations, including:
- diagnoses and/or assessments by registered practitioners or other health professionals of physical and/or mental health;
- the date a disability was last assessed;
- assessments by assessors at the Centre;
- a Statement of Special Education Needs issued by a Local Authority (where relevant)
- the needs assessment report;
- the fact that the student receives a disability allowance;
- letter of award of support;
As the proposed transfer includes sensitive personal data (in this instance, health information about you), we require your consent before we are legally permitted to provide the Auditor with your sensitive personal data (but not other types of personal data), if selected as a student sample.
The personal data provided to the Auditor would only be processed for the specific purpose of carrying out the audit of the Centre. The data or needs assessment report information would not be retained by the Auditor once the audit of the Centre had been completed and accredited by DSA-QAG. This consent will be held by the Centre for the duration of the audit process, alongside any other forms of consent have been provided to the Centre in relation to other current data processing activities carried out by the Centre in relation to personal and sensitive personal data.
All other assessments
Other assessments carried out by the Surrey Assessment Centre are not subject to any accreditation requirements and so no information from the assessment will be passed to any third party without your explicit consent to do so. It can be beneficial for schools, colleges and employers to be provided with the outcome of our assessments, but this will be discussed with you at the time of the assessment.